Common Stress Illness Symptoms
Conditions often associated with stress and tension, as listed in They Can’t Find Anything Wrong with Me (David Clarke, MD, 2007).
- Pain such as headache, back pain, neck pain, chest pain, muscle or joint pain, and abdominal pain
- Abnormal swallowing, digestion, or bowel function including constipation, diarrhea, and bloating
- Nausea or vomiting
- Discomfort in the bladder or during urination.
- Respiratory symptom, including difficulty breathing and cough
- Voice changes
- Heart palpitations
- Pelvic and vaginal irritation, premensrual or menstrual pain
- Abnormal sleeping or eating
- Symptoms related to nerve function such as blurred vision, dizziness, ringing in the ears, itching of the skin, sweating, numbness, or tingling
Sound like you? Check with your doctor first to rule out other causes.
Back to Stress-Related Pain and Illness.